- Parochet - Ark CurtainsTorah Ark Curtains, Aron Kodesh Covers, Paroches
- Torah Covers - Torah MantlesSefer Torah Mantels, Torah Scroll Covers, Velvet Torah Mantles
- Torah ScrollsSefer Torah Parchments New & Used, Ashkenas / Sephardic Torah scrolls
- Torah Rollers - Atzei ChaimWooden Torah Handles & Plates, Eitz Chayim Torah set
- Bimah Covers - Amud CoversBima Cover, Torah Reading Table Covers, Shtender Covers
- Bein GavrahsFlat Torah Covers between Reading
- Silver Torah OrnamentsTorah Breasplates, Torah Crown, Rimonim & Finials, Torah Pointer / Yad, Torah Markers / Labels
- Torah Binders - GartlesTorah Belts, Torah Ties, Gartel for Sefer Torah
- Tallit - Prayer ShawlsTallis, Talleisim, Tallitoth, Jewish Prayer Shawl
- Tallit BagsVelvet Tallis & Tefillin Bags, Tallis Covers, Embroidered Tallit Covers
- Kippot - YarmulkasSynagogue Kippot, Kippah, Yarmulkes, Womens Lace Headcovering
- Chuppahs - Wedding CanopiesWedding Chuppahs, Tallit Chuppah
- Judaica Gifts & AccessoriesJudaica & Gifts, Challah Covers, Shofars, Megillah Cases, Matzah Covers
- Casket Covers
Related Products Reviews
Just arrived! Beautiful!
Hi Etty, I hope you had a good holiday season. I came in today to find the package from you. The parochet is beautiful!
The package arrived. Everything looks great. Thanks for all your help!
Modern ParochetRead more about Modern Parochet
Our Parochet are hand crafted with the finest quality velvets custom made in your size & color. Fabricated with high quality workmanship, all Parochet are durably lined and can have an optional valance on the top. A custom dedication or inscription is typically embroidered on the parochet to commemorate or honor a loved one. You can create your own unique logo or design on our parochet, as well as on our Torah covers, Bima & Amud covers for uniform synagogue decor.
How to Measure your Parochet
Measuring from existing Parochet
For the length, measure from the top of the rings to the bottom tip of the parochet (or fringes, if any).
For the width, measure from left to right of parochet.
Measuring parochet for a new Aron Kodesh
For the length, measure from the top to the bottom of the opening area of the Aron Kodesh (ark), or the length you prefer.
For the width, measure from left to right of opening area, or the width you prefer. We usually add 2-3 inches to the sides to allow waviness of the curtain.
Looking to match your Parochet? Coordinate with our matching Torah Covers, Bima & Amud Covers and Bein Gavrahs - Flat Torah cover between readings.
Be sure to check out our amazing selection of silver Torah ornaments to enhance the look!
Have a specific parochet in mind and can't find it here? Contact us and we will be glad to help with availability and options.
Parochet - Torah Ark Curtain
A parochet, or Torah ark cover, is the cloth that covers the doors of the Aron Kodesh (Ark) containing the Holly Torah scrolls in a synagogue. The parochet symbolizes the curtain of which separated the holy section of the Mishkan (Tabernacle) and the Temple from the Kodesh HaKodashim, the Holy of Holies. The parochet is typically made of velvet and embroidered with metallic thread, silk, and ornamental beads, and may often come in various colors - red, blue, green or gold matching the Torah covers (Torah mantles), bima & amud cover. During the High Holidays, the parochet, Torah covers and everything else are changed to immaculate white to symbolize the purity and holiness of the Days of Awe.
Skillfully hand crafted, the parochet are richly ornamented with artistic art, depicting motifs of ritual references such as Lions and 10 Commandments, Eitz Chaim (Tree of Life), Shema Yisrael or High Holiday symbols, often featuring verses from the Torah hand made or machine embroidered.
Like Torah covers & other synagogue embroidery, the parochet is commonly donated by individual members of the congregation, frequently to commemorate life-cycle events or honor a loved. A custom dedication, or inscription, is typically embroidered directly on the parochet in gold or silver matching the parochet design.
In addition to the parochet shown here, we specialize in custom designs or logos. Also, you may mix and match, add or omit elements of the parochet designs to suit your taste & budget. Most of the styles can be custom made in the color you prefer or create the parochet with your own fabric!