- Parochet - Ark CurtainsTorah Ark Curtains, Aron Kodesh Covers, Paroches
- Torah Covers - Torah MantlesSefer Torah Mantels, Torah Scroll Covers, Velvet Torah Mantles
- Torah Rollers - Atzei ChaimWooden Torah Handles & Plates, Eitz Chayim Torah set
- Bimah Covers - Amud CoversBima Cover, Torah Reading Table Covers, Shtender Covers
- Bein GavrahsFlat Torah Covers between Reading
- Silver Torah OrnamentsTorah Breasplates, Torah Crown, Rimonim & Finials, Torah Cases, Torah Pointer / Yad, Torah Markers / Labels
- Torah Binders - GartlesTorah Belts, Torah Ties, Gartel for Sefer Torah
- Tallit - Prayer ShawlsTallis, Talleisim, Tallitoth, Jewish Prayer Shawl
- Tallit BagsVelvet Tallis & Tefillin Bags, Tallis Covers, Embroidered Tallit Covers
- Kippot - YarmulkasSynagogue Kippot, Kippah, Yarmulkes, Womens Lace Headcovering
- Chuppahs - Wedding CanopiesWedding Chuppahs, Tallit Chuppah
- Judaica Gifts & AccessoriesJudaica & Gifts, Challah Covers, Shofars, Megillah Cases, Matzah Covers
- Casket Covers
Related Products Reviews
Received the mantles. They are lovely. Thank you.
Thank you so much for your help. The Torah Covers were beautifully done and the crown was magnificent. It made the dedication extra special that we were able to have them for Simchat Torah. Thanks again for getting this done so quickly.
The Torah mantle arrived on Monday. It is absolutely beautiful.
Modern Torah CoversRead more about Modern Torah Covers
Our Torah covers are crafted with the finest quality velvet in many colors & sizes. The Torah covers are fashioned with open or closed back and include reinforced wooden rings to ensure durability. All Torah covers can be embroidered with a custom dedication commemorating or honoring a loved one. Create your own unique logo or design on any Torah cover for this personalized touch.
How to Measure your Torah Cover
Measuring from existing Torah Cover
For the length, measure from the top to the bottom tip of fabric (excluding fringes, if any).
For the width, measure from left to right of the Torah cover board.
Measuring for a new Torah
a. Torah Rollers - Atzei Chaim: For the length, measure from the top of the top disc to the bottom of the lower disc of the atzei chaim. Also, measure from left to right of top discs closed together.
b. Parchment: Measure the height of the klaf (Torah Parchment). We usually add 6-7 inches for the Torah cover.
Torah Covers - Torah Mantles
The dressing of the Holy Torah scroll represents the honor and reverence to God and His Commandments. The Torah cover, or Torah mantle, is an ornate covering that both protects and beautifies the Sefer Torah, typically made of velvet and embroidered with metallic thread, silk, and ornamental beads. The Torah covers are opened at the bottom and pierced with two openings on the top so that the atzei chaim, (Torah staves), can protrude. The Torah covers are richly ornamented with artistic art, depicting motifs of ritual references such as Lions and 10 Commandments, Eitz Chaim (Tree of Life), Shema Yisrael or an image of Jerusalem, often featuring verses from the Torah hand made or machine embroidered.
The Torah covers may come in many colors - red, blue, green or gold to match the parochet (ark curtain), bima & amud covers. During the High Holidays, the Torah covers and all Torah coverings are changed to immaculate white to symbolize the purity and holiness of the Days of Awe.
It is customary to donate the Torah mantle in honor of a deceased or loved one by including the name of the person embroidered in gold or silver on the front or back of the Torah cover.
The Torah is our most precious possession, and we lovingly display that by adorning it with a Torah cover and silver Torah ornaments it so truly deserves!
Want to match your Torah cover? Use the same style Torah cover to match your Parochet, Bima & Amud Covers and Bein Gavrahs.
View our splendid line of Silver Torah Ornaments to complete the look!
Considering buying a Torah scroll? You are in the right place! At Judaica Embroidery, we will find the perfect Torah scroll to fit your quality and budget, whether it is for Ashkenas or Sephardic use, from miniature scrolls to full size Torah scrolls. Contact us now and we will be happy to assist you in guiding through the Torah project.