- Parochet - Ark CurtainsTorah Ark Curtains, Aron Kodesh Covers, Paroches
- Torah Covers - Torah MantlesSefer Torah Mantels, Torah Scroll Covers, Velvet Torah Mantles
- Torah Rollers - Atzei ChaimWooden Torah Handles & Plates, Eitz Chayim Torah set
- Bimah Covers - Amud CoversBima Cover, Torah Reading Table Covers, Shtender Covers
- Bein GavrahsFlat Torah Covers between Reading
- Silver Torah OrnamentsTorah Breasplates, Torah Crown, Rimonim & Finials, Torah Cases, Torah Pointer / Yad, Torah Markers / Labels
- Torah Binders - GartlesTorah Belts, Torah Ties, Gartel for Sefer Torah
- Tallit - Prayer ShawlsTallis, Talleisim, Tallitoth, Jewish Prayer Shawl
- Tallit BagsVelvet Tallis & Tefillin Bags, Tallis Covers, Embroidered Tallit Covers
- Kippot - YarmulkasSynagogue Kippot, Kippah, Yarmulkes, Womens Lace Headcovering
- Chuppahs - Wedding CanopiesWedding Chuppahs, Tallit Chuppah
- Judaica Gifts & AccessoriesJudaica & Gifts, Challah Covers, Shofars, Megillah Cases, Matzah Covers
- Casket Covers
Related Products Reviews
Anyone who I show the bima cover to is taken by how nice it looks. Thanks again.
Thank you so much for the Bima Cover. It’s beautiful, and it fits perfectly.
The paroches came out beautiful! It was greatly appreciated that you had it ready in time for Yom Tov.
Bimah Covers - Amud CoversRead more about
Our Bimah & amud covers are crafted with the finest quality velvets in many colors and sizes. All bima covers are custom made to fit any size bima or amud. Choose a design below or view our Parochet - Ark Curtains, Torah covers and Bein Gavrahs for additional designs.
The bima covers can have a custom embroidered dedication or personalization. Create your own logo or design on our Bima covers for this unique touch.
How to Measure your Bimah Cover
Measuring from existing bimah cover
Measure the width and depth of bima cover excluding fringes, or the size you prefer.
Measuring from the bima
Measure the width and depth of top surface of bima or amud. Add 8 inches on all sides for the bima cover and approximately 6 inches on the amud cover.
Bima Covers & Amud Covers
The bimah is covered with a special covering to give honor to the Torah that will be read on it. The bima is an elevated platform, or pulpit, usually elevated by two or three steps, as was the bimah in the Temple. The bimah cover is typically made of velvet and embroidered with metallic thread, silk or ornamental beads.
The bima covers may come in many colors - red, blue, green or gold to match the parochet (Torah ark curtain) and Torah covers. During the High Holidays, the Torah mantles and all Torah coverings are changed to immaculate white to symbolize the purity and holiness of the Days of Awe.
The bimah covers are richly ornamented with artistic art, depicting motifs of ritual references such as a Star of David, Keter Torah (crown), Eitz Chaim (Tree of Life) and Shema Yisrael, often starring verses from the Torah hand made or machine embroidered.
It is customary to donate the bima or amud cover in honor of a deceased or loved one by including the name of the person embroidered on the overhang of the bima cover.
Be sure to check out our silver Torah ornaments, which includes Torah breastplates, Torah crowns, Rimonim and Yad Pointers, for an amazing selection of stunning Torah decorations.
Thinking of dedicating a Torah scroll? At Judaica Embroidery, you will find the perfect Torah scroll that fits your quality and budget, whether it is for Ashkenas or Sephardic use, from miniature scrolls to full size Torah scrolls. Contact us now to inquire.