- Parochet - Ark CurtainsTorah Ark Curtains, Aron Kodesh Covers, Paroches
- Torah Covers - Torah MantlesSefer Torah Mantels, Torah Scroll Covers, Velvet Torah Mantles
- Torah ScrollsSefer Torah Parchments New & Used, Ashkenas / Sephardic Torah scrolls
- Torah Rollers - Atzei ChaimWooden Torah Handles & Plates, Eitz Chayim Torah set
- Bimah Covers - Amud CoversBima Cover, Torah Reading Table Covers, Shtender Covers
- Bein GavrahsFlat Torah Covers between Reading
- Silver Torah OrnamentsTorah Breasplates, Torah Crown, Rimonim & Finials, Torah Pointer / Yad, Torah Markers / Labels
- Torah Binders - GartlesTorah Belts, Torah Ties, Gartel for Sefer Torah
- Tallit - Prayer ShawlsTallis, Talleisim, Tallitoth, Jewish Prayer Shawl
- Tallit BagsVelvet Tallis & Tefillin Bags, Tallis Covers, Embroidered Tallit Covers
- Kippot - YarmulkasSynagogue Kippot, Kippah, Yarmulkes, Womens Lace Headcovering
- Chuppahs - Wedding CanopiesWedding Chuppahs, Tallit Chuppah
- Judaica Gifts & AccessoriesJudaica & Gifts, Challah Covers, Shofars, Megillah Cases, Matzah Covers
- Casket Covers
Related Products Reviews
Bein GavrahsRead more about
Our Bein Gavrahs - Flat Torah Cover between Torah Readings are crafted with the finest quality velvets in the color of your choice. The Bein Gavrahs are decorated with metallic gold fringes and measure 27 X 30 inches (68 x 76 cm). Choose a design below or view our Parochet - Ark Curtains, Torah covers and Bima & Amud Covers for additional designs.
All Bein Gavras can be embroidered with a custom dedication or personalization below the design.
Bein Gavrah - Torah Covering
A bein Gavrah is a cover to place over the Torah when the Torah is being read. The bein gavrah, or a flat Torah cover, is an ornate covering that both protects and beautifies the Sefer Torah, typically made of velvet and embroidered with metallic thread, silk, and ornamental beads. The Bein Gavra covers may come in many colors - red, blue, green or gold to match the parochet (Torah ark curtain), Torah covers and bima covers. During the High Holidays, the Torah mantles and all synagogue embroidery are changed to immaculate white to symbolize the purity and holiness of the Days of Awe.
The bein gavras are richly ornamented with artistic art, depicting motifs of ritual references such as a Star of David, Eitz Chaim (Tree of Life), Shema Yisrael and High Holiday designs, often starring verses from the Torah hand made or machine embroidered.
It is customary to donate the bein gavra in honor of a deceased or loved one by including the name of the person embroidered in gold or silver embroidery.
The Torah is our most precious possession, and we lovingly display that by adorning it with a majestic Torah cover and silver Torah ornaments it so truly deserves!
Looking to match your bein gavrah cover? Choose the same style and color for your Parochet & Ark Curtains, Torah Mantle Covers" and Bimah covers for uniform synagogue decor.